Translate

Wednesday 3 December 2014

I Could Have Taken OBJ Out In 2003 - Atiku.

  I Could Have Taken OBJ Out In 2003 - Atiku.


Former Vice President of Nigeria, Atiku Abubakar has revealed that he could have easily defeated former President Olusegun Obasanjo in the 2003 presidential elections had he come out and contested.

He revealed this during his visit to Plateau state, and also said that he was the only one who fought against Obasanjo’s rumoured third term plan in 2007, a development that eventually brought stability in the polity of the country according to Thisday.

Atiku-Abubakar
He said: “I have been the vice-president of Nigeria for good eight years and nobody has broken my record till date.

Nobody fought the military in this country for democracy like me, my mentor, the late General Shehu Yar’Adua lost his life in the course of this struggle, and I repeat, nobody fought for democracy like me, and for that reason, I am the most experienced politician among those contesting for presidency”.

“Once I am elected the president of this great country, I shall increase the numerical strength of the military, and will also equip them with modern and sophisticated weapons”.
“I shall as well increase their pay and ensure they are given adequate training that will make them contain any form of attack from insurgents”, Atiku promised.
Atiku is seeking to gain the All Progressives Party ticket to contest for next year’s presidential election against Peoples Democratic Party’s and current president, Goodluck Jonathan.
Atiku is one of the founding fathers of PDP.

No comments:

Post a Comment